Thursday, February 26, 2015

Avoiding Change


Simple thoughts
Thoughts of the future
And of the past
Mingling together in chaotic paradise

What I am
Who I was
What I want to be
All aspects breathing down my neck

Afraid of the future
Afraid of what might be
Fearful of what everyone else has
Hoping that my life might be different

Avoiding change hasn’t worked
But what if changing doesn’t either

What if I wake up one day and realize
That my whole life has passed me by
That I am no further ahead than when I started

What will I do then?
The white light seems pretty appealing now
How will it look in 10 years?

I just don’t want to end up staring down
The barrel of a gun just waiting for the end
With tears in my eyes
And questions in my heart
- Island of Blue, "A Drifting Mind with Simple Thoughts"
- See more at: http://allpoetry.com/poem/481086-A-Drifting-Mind-with-Simple-Thoughts-by-Island-of-Blue#sthash.8Wl5WtaS.dpuf

No comments: